Below are some of my notes taken during the e-FPS Webinar conducted by Ms. Elizabeth Costales of itPhilippines.net.
• e-FPS is an offshoot of the passage of Republic Act 8792 or E-Commerce Law of the Philippines where BIR aligned themselves with e-Governance or e-Gov. The goal of e-Gov is to improve the delivery of services of the government to citizens (G2C), government to businesses (G2B) and government to government (G2G).
• From 2000 up to the present time, BIR had designed several e-Services to taxpayers to be aligned with e-Gov. These e-Services are enumerated below as described one by one by Ms. Costales.
o e-Reg – For self-employed and professionals who are new in taxation
o e-DST - For banks and businesses that issue doc stamps
o PAYBIR - For payments requiring SMS (e.g. GCash)
o e-Broad – A service that notifies taxpayers that payments had already been received
o e-Complaint – Where complaints to BIR can be lodged
o e-Submission – Where attachments are being sent alongside your other tax documents
o e-Accreg – Where you accredit your POS machine
o e-Sales – Where you submit the output of your POS machine to BIR for further processing
o e-ReportCard – Open to CEOs for tax performance tracking
o e-ORB – For excise tax ypayers
o TRCMS – Tax Ruling and Case Management System, where tax payers seek tax rulings
• Electronic Filing and Payment System or e-FPS is especially designed to cater to the needs of entrepreneurs, professionals, self-employed individuals and mixed income earners for a more convenient and cost-efficient way of filing and paying their taxes.
• e-FPS is a system developed and maintained by the Bureau of Internal Revenu or BIR.
• e-FPS makes the filing and paying of taxes online. This means taxpayers may file and pay their taxes online using a computer with an internet connection.
• e-FPS has two systems.
o e-Filing – Data-capture facility that uses BIR-supplied validation of computation rules to efficiently check tax payers’ inputs. It is based on the hard copy of the tax returns.
o e-Payment – Online payment confirmation process between the BIR e-FPS and the participating banks through an Internet-enabled banking system.
• Below are some of e-FPS’ features and strengths as discussed by Ms. Costales.
o Fast – Some portions of the form had already been filled
o Automatic calculation – The system automatically computes some figures using the given amounts you inputted
o Instant filing confirmation – Right after filing and paying, a notification from the BIR shall automatically be sent to you
o Convenient – Available 24/7 in the BIR website; file anywhere, anytime
o Secure – Uses multi-layer security systems
o Free – No enrolment fee, no usage fee, no postage and courier expenses
o Easy – Has online guides and FAQs
To know more about eFPS, please join the eFPS Coaching with Ms. Elizabeth Costales on November 13, 2013 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm at BancNet Training Room located at 19/F Equitable Bank Tower, Paseo de Roxas, Makati City.
To register, please click the following link - www.facebook.com/events/552701331465446.