Friday, April 3, 2015

4 Tips in Studying for the Real Estate Board Exams

1. Dedicate your first 2 hours of the day to intensive studying. 

Dan Ariely said that we are most
productive during the first 2 hours of our day because our cognitive capacities are high during this time slot. If you don't have a 9-5 job and you decided to take the real estate board exam, you are lucky that you have the time. But if you have a 9-5 job every day, you still have no excuse. You just have to force yourself to sleep early and wake up early then dedicate yourself to intensive studying. After all, we all have to practice waking up at around 5:00am because the board exam shall begin at 8:00am on May 24, 2015.

2. Absorb as much as you can from the live lectures. 

I am a voracious note-taker. I used to profess that I learn a lot when I write what I learn. But this can't always be the case when you are studying the laws of the land. During live lectures, make sure that your attention is 101% on what is being said by the lecturer. You will learn a lot from the stories that illustrate the laws needed to be reviewed for the board exam. Yes, I still take down notes but it's much more limited now. I am now doing my best to practice learning by listening because I don't want to miss any detail from the stories being told by the lecturer.

3. Test. Test. Test. 

Do not be afraid of practice tests! Why? To pass the board exam is our goal after all. We have to get used to being tested by now so that by the time the board exam comes to us, we will be more than ready. I am very proud to be a part of Urban, my chosen review center. Mr. Enrico Cruz always gives us practice tests during break times and every single session, I feel that there is a little amount of confidence being added inside me.

4. Scan what you have read before you sleep. 

I got this from a professor in UST. He said that he used to scan (no need to comprehend) what he have read before he sleep. It's like cementing in the subconscious what the conscious have already learned. You might wanna try this. My professor said that it works for him a lot.

*Please feel free to share this blog post to your friends and teammates.

No comments:

Post a Comment